Sign up for the best games community in the universe and get exclusive tips on Mass Effect straight from BioWare's developers:
After registering your game, you will receive:
Mass Effect Art Book
This 17 page PDF features gorgeous, full-colour art from Mass Effect. Concept art and in-game imagery appear in vivid detail for you to see how the game visually evolved from just a dream to the critically acclaimed hit of 2007.
Exclusive Forum Avatars
Choose from dozens of new Mass Effect game art avatars to give you the snazzy profile in our community forums. While unregistered gamers rage with galactic jealousy, you'll be posting in style.
Mass Effect Staff Tips
A sample from the Mass Effect Staff Tips:
- For better accuracy with the sniper rifle, crouch and wait between shots until the sight stops moving.
- Sometimes rushing into a fight can provide you with better cover than being on the outskirts.
- You get one level for becoming a Spectre. Try to level up just before.
- Have a henchman use First Aid to allow you to focus on other skills.
- Have two henchmen use First Aid in case one is unusable for a time.
- Make sure to choose party members that supplement your Shepard's abilities. The right team combinations have no weaknesses.
- Choose a skill and stick with it. A specialist will be more help later on than a Jack of All Trades.
- Work on one of at least Charm or Intimidate. There are opportunities to exercise them right from the beginning of the game, and they can alter the completion of quests.
- Mods are just that - modifications to your specific equipment. If it feels right for your style of play, then that is the right mod.
- Each new class is completely different from the others. They require you to re-vamp your playstyle, because if you don't, you will end up critically failing more missions than you critically succeed.
Senior Technical Designer Insider Breakdown
A sample taken from Mass Effect Senior Technical Designer Jason Attard's insider breakdown:
- Fires virtual tech proximity mines that will damage and disable enemies caught in the blast, but have no effect on friendly units.
- Have advanced shielding that makes them strong against gunfire, but provides no protection against physical attacks or biotics.
- Adrenaline Burst immediately restores all your other talents, and is best used when they have all been depleted.
- Immunity provides great protection against all damage types, and can give you time to heal yourself, reach new cover, or charge in close to the enemy.